Book: The Histories Of Dogland(1568-1910)

Avalible in Dogland Libraries, a rare book

Monday, November 07, 2005

CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN: MARTIN ON THE MOON (as told by Schumanzer)

I am utterly confused. After travelling for thousands of miles, I never did find the 'Red X' on Martin's treasure map. That's why you have not heard from me ever since I bought the map.

I am completely pooped out now. Think I'll take a snooze. My body is aching all over and my eyelids feel heavy, heavy, very heavy....

(Three hours passed and Schumanzer rouse with a start!)

I know where Martin hid the treasure map. You won't believe me if I tell you I just met Martin...will you? I must admit I'm a little woozy, but I am sure it was Martin.

Can you guess what He's doing? Chasing the mad rabbit! And a lady in a funny-looking robe (Lady Chang Er?) was chasing Martin too!

"Don't you dare chase my rabbit!" the lady shouted angrily at Martin. "It is helping me make the elixir of life...it's for my husband, so he can join me on the moon," she shrieked.

"You STUPID DOG! How did you end up here on the moon?" she cried in desperation.

"Rabbit meat, Rabbit stew, I can't wait!" barked Martin; panting and grabbing the rabbit by its tail.

" Take this!" howled the not-so-ladylike Lady on the moon; smashing Martin's head with a broom.

Martin fell.

Can you believe it? The God Martin has fallen, defeated by a Lady with a broom???

As Martin fell, I saw the RED X on the palm of his paw! My treasure, it's on the moon. But I don't know how to get there.

With a howl of anguish, Schumanzer tore up the map and fell asleep!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home